Akai Tom Cat Analog Drum Machine With Built-in Percussion Voices
PREY FOR MERCY
Tom Cat is an exciting true analog drum machine with five built-in percussion voices, including kick, snare, and clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms.
DIAL YOUR GROWL
On-board controls—all continuously variable—let you customize the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice separately for precise real-time adjustment, so you can get that perfect sound.
Outfitted with six MPC-style pads and a built-in 32-step sequencer, Tom Cat provides an ultra-responsive interface with a classic drum machine layout. Drum patterns can be fine-tuned using the Swing function, Pattern Select, and Tempo Control knob. A custom signal path, activated by its unique “Maul” circuitry, lets you ‘dirty up’ your drums for just the right effect.
With Tom Cat we’ve put the sound and design of classic analog drum machines into a compact piece of gear that can be integrated into both modern and vintage rigs.
- True analog drum machine with five percussion voices
- Kick, snare, and clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms
- On-board 32-step sequencer with classic drum machine workflow
- Gate trigger In/Out, for triggering your sequences via modular synths, vintage sequencers or external sound sources
- “Maul” circuitry to dirty up your drum beats
- 6 custom-calibrated MPC-style pads for sequencing and finger drumming