- Flagship amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
- Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS’s acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
- Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay carryover
- Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- ¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing via BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing
Latest GT-1000 Update: Version 3.1 (March 2020)
- New FX Expansion mode provides four simultaneous FX blocks, up from three in normal mode (GT-1000 operation is mono when FX Expansion mode is selected)
- Distortion effect type now available in FX blocks, with identical parameters to those included in the dedicated DS1 and DS2 distortion blocks
- Ten input memories for saving optimized level settings for different guitars; input memories can be selected globally or stored with user patches
- Onboard user IR slots increased from 4 to 16
- New AIRD Output Select types for use with the Power Amp In feature on the Katana-50 MkII, Katana-100 MkII, and Katana-100/212 MkII amplifiers
Version 3 Additions (April 2019)
- bass support and enhanced performance functionality
- Three AIRD bass preamps: NATURAL BASS, X-DRIVE BASS, and CONCERT
- Sixteen bass effects, including an MDP compressor, overdrives and distortions, touch wah, flanger, and more
- Manual and Pedalboard modes for direct-access control
- AIRD Output Select library additions: 11 guitar types and 2 bass types
Version 2 Additions (January 2019)
- Four AIRD preamps: MATCH COMBO, BG COMBO, ORNG STACK, BGNR UB METAL
- Three overdrive/distortion types: CENTA OD, HM-2, METAL CORE
- Three Master Delay types: SPACE ECHO, TAPE ECHO PX, BIN DRUM ECHO
Designed for Unparalleled Sound Quality
The GT-1000 is BOSS’s most advanced amp/effects processor to date, built for no-compromise audio performance. To start, it’s the first-ever guitar multi-effects unit with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout. There’s an all-new DSP engine as well, specially designed for music applications and featuring over three times the power of previous generations.
This immense processing muscle unlocks far greater sonic detail than ever before possible, making it quick and easy to get the sounds you’re after without endless parameter tweaks and microscopic EQ adjustments. If you’ve shied away from other amp/effects processors because they’re hard to dial in and missing that “real deal” vibe, the GT-1000 is sure to change your mind.
AIRD: A Revolution in Digital Amp Processing
At its core, the GT-1000 harnesses BOSS’s breakthrough AIRD technology for previously unattained musical power. Based on the comprehensive Tube Logic concept behind the renowned Katana, Waza, and Blues Cube amplifiers, AIRD takes the amp processor to a new level of performance, flexibility, and practical usability.
The tube amplifiers that guitarists love are interactive, highly expressive musical instruments that are far more than the sum of their individual components. The Tube Logic design philosophy fully realizes this interactive experience, and it’s been hugely successful in the self-contained guitar amps where it’s been employed. However, bringing this approach to a guitar processor like the GT-1000 introduces many challenges, because players will use it with a variety of external amplification systems that add their own characteristics to the sound. BOSS developed AIRD to address these challenges, employing sophisticated techniques to ensure that the GT-1000’s groundbreaking musical response can be consistently experienced with any rig.
Highly Musical Guitar Amplifiers, Crafted with AIRD
The GT-1000 is loaded with immensely expressive guitar amplifiers, all meticulously crafted with AIRD. In contrast to traditional modeling methods, AIRD reproduces the complex internal component interactions of tube amps in every way, from guitar input to speaker output and everything in-between. The result is a complete interactive system that’s a living, breathing instrument, just like your favorite high-end tube amp.
A key focus of AIRD is the reactive amp/speaker relationship, which is essential to the dynamic feel and musical responsiveness of tube amplifiers. This vital relationship is fully brought to life with the GT-1000’s amps, producing guitar tones that are alive with punch, presence, and depth. Thanks to AIRD, your sound always feels great under your fingers and “sits in the mix” properly, delivering a truly organic musical experience that’s never been available from a digital guitar processor until now.
The GT-1000 features a wide range of BOSS original amplifiers suitable for all guitar styles, from super-clean to ultra-heavy. A number of amp types employ Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology for dynamic, nuanced tone that reaches beyond the capabilities of analog designs. Classic tube amps throughout history are included as well, from coveted vintage combos to modern high-gain heads. Two amps can be used at once in a single patch, so you’re able to switch between two sounds, blend amps for complex tones, or achieve big, expansive sound in stereo setups.
Optimized Performance for Every Playing Application
AIRD enables the GT-1000 to smoothly flow into any creative setup, allowing you to enjoy great tone and response with minimal adjustments. By choosing from a large selection of AIRD Output Select types, you can perfectly tailor the GT-1000 for any destination, whether it’s a guitar amp input, an amp effects return, a power amp driving guitar speakers, or a full-range monitoring system. There are built-in AIRD Output Select types for a wide variety of amps, plus two user locations for loading additional selections from the GT-1000 AIRD Output Select Library software.
AIRD is fully integrated into the GT-1000’s amplifiers at every level, so you’ll always experience their authentic sound and interactive response with any setup. And with the ability to apply different AIRD Output Select settings to the main and sub outputs, you can optimize the sound for two destinations at once, such as a guitar amp input and a direct feed to a house PA. The GT-1000's outputs also include independent ground lift functions, making it easy to tackle any hum issues that might be introduced with external devices.
As you’d expect from a flagship BOSS processor, the GT-1000 is loaded with all types of effects, from overdrives and distortions to specialty effects like Slicer, Slow Gear, and a host of others. Many selections harness BOSS’s MDP tech, which intelligently adapts to your dynamics and playing register to achieve the perfect sound. Advanced algorithms from the renowned DD-500 Digital Delay, MD-500 Modulation, and RV-500 Reverb pedals are included too, along with sophisticated Acoustic Resonance processing inherited from the AD-10 pedal for acoustic/electric guitar.
Amps and effects can be configured with various series and parallel routing options, and signal paths can be divided and mixed at multiple points. Patch switching is ultra-fast thanks to the GT-1000’s speedy DSP, and delay carryover is also possible. There are two effects loops as well, allowing you to connect your favorite external effects and preamps.
The New Bass Multi-Effects Flagship
BOSS’s powerful GT-10B was a longtime favorite of creative bassists, providing top-flight amps, effects, and DI capabilities in one convenient floorboard. Now, the GT-1000 takes bass processing to new heights with next-generation sound quality, ultra-flexible performance features, and an even more compact size. Three AIRD bass preamps are provided for shaping your core tone, while eight different overdrive/distortion effects are available for additional color and gain. There’s an MDP bass compressor as well, plus chorus, flanger, touch wah, and many other effect types specially tuned for bass.
Streamlined Design, Ready to Travel
In today’s music world, players need to travel as light as possible, and BOSS designed the GT-1000 for maximum control in a minimum amount of space. In comparison to other processors in its class, it offers a compact, streamlined design that’s easy to carry and set up. The metal chassis is both strong and light, and features an array of freely assignable footswitches and an integrated expression pedal. Newly developed specifically for the GT-1000, the low-profile footswitches reduce size and weight while maintaining the rugged durability that all BOSS gear is famous for.
With the GT-1000’s large display and six switching knobs, the process of creating and adjusting sounds is smooth and efficient. Four different Play screen layouts provide alternate viewing options for various patch functions, and you can customize the knobs for quick access to specific parameters. While editing, the signal chain is clearly displayed, and it’s simple to select effects blocks, adjust parameters, and change the order. The available parameters for selected effects can be displayed in layers, letting you see everything at once on screen.
An innovative new workflow feature in the GT-1000 is the ability to save any effect as a “Stompbox.” Parameter adjustments to a Stompbox are reflected in all patches where it’s used, basically mimicking the way you’d use physical pedals. This is ideal for effects where you use the same settings most of the time, but just need to make small adjustments occasionally. Now, you can make those changes quickly across multiple patches, eliminating the hassle of tweaking and saving each patch separately.
Intensive Performance Control
With its ten footswitches and expression pedal with toe switch, the GT-1000 gives you comprehensive creative control on stage and in the studio. And if you’re a power user, there’s support for additional control via external switches, pedals, MIDI, and USB. By default, the main footswitches are assigned to select patches, patch banks, and three control assignments. But you can reassign the switches to control nearly any function. Using the GT-1000’s switching knobs and powerful Assign Matrix, control assignments are quick and intuitive. It’s also possible to assign different colors to the status LEDs above the switches, and easily view the current switch assignments with a Play screen option.
Manual and Pedalboard Modes for a Stompbox-Style Experience
While all of the GT-1000’s footswitches are freely assignable per patch, there might be times when you need even more control. Manual mode allows you to set up on/off access to any amp or effect on a secondary layer, which you can toggle between with a footswitch assignment. The all-new Pedalboard mode takes an even more direct approach for players wanting a traditional stomp experience, providing a dynamic effects layout that’s outside the normal patch structure and always ready to go when needed. What’s more, all footswitch modes now provide top-level access to function assignment and parameter control for assigned effects, letting you make tweaks on the fly with no deep menu diving.
USB Audio/MIDI and Wireless Editing via Bluetooth
The GT-1000’s well-organized panel interface is a breeze to navigate, but things get even easier with your smartphone or tablet. The GT-1000 is equipped with onboard Bluetooth—a first for a pro-level amp/effects processor—allowing you to wirelessly manage sounds from the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android. Whether at home, in rehearsal, or on stage, you can comfortably tweak the GT-1000 from your device without having to bend over and edit via the hardware. It’s even possible to record a riff with the GT-1000’s built-in looper, and then roam the venue and adjust tones from the audience position!
The GT-1000 includes a USB audio/MIDI interface as well, with multi-channel audio operation for flexible computer recording and efficient re-amping. A Recording mode allows you to choose from a variety of built-in speaker and microphone types, and it’s also possible to import WAV-format speaker impulse responses with the GT-1000 IR Loader software. USB can also be used to edit and organize sounds with the desktop version of the BOSS Tone Studio editor for Mac and Windows.
- Sampling Frequency
- 96 kHz
- AD Conversion
- 32 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion
- 32 bits
- 145 types
- 250 (User) + 250 (Preset)
- Phrase Loop
- 38 sec. (MONO)
19 sec. (STEREO)
- Tuner Internal Detection
- +/-0.1 cent
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu
RETURN1: -10 dBu
RETURN2: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level
- INPUT: +18 dBu
RETURN1: +8 dBu
RETURN2: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohm
RETURN1: 1 M ohm
RETURN2: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level
- MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): +4 dBu
PHONES: -10 dBu
SEND1: -10 dBu
SEND2: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms
PHONES: 20 ohms
SEND1: 1 k ohm
SEND2: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms or greater
PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
SEND1: 10 k ohms or greater
SEND2: 10 k ohms or greater
- DOWN switch, UP switch CTL1--3 switches, 1--5 switches, POWER switch
EFFECT button, MENU button, EXIT button, WRITE button, PAGE button
1--6 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- Graphic LCD (512 x 160 dots, backlit LCD)
- INPUT jack, MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks, SEND1 jack, RETURN1 jack, SEND2 jack, RETURN2 jack: 1/4-inch phone type
SUB OUTPUT (L, R) connectors: XLR type
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
CTL4, 5/EXP2 jack, CTL6, 7/EXP3 jack, AMP CTL1, 2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
DC IN jack
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Current Draw
- 1.2 A
- AC adaptor (PSB-1U + AC Cord Set)
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
* When purchasing an AC adaptor, be sure to specify the adaptor (from the list that follows) that is designed for the region in which it will be used, and the voltage supplied there.
- Size and Weight
- 462 mm
- 248 mm
- 70 mm
- Maximum height
- 95 mm
- 3.6 kg
7 lbs 15 oz
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.