Boss OC-5 Octave Pedal
The New Standard in Octave Pedals
Fusing classic BOSS octave tones with the latest tracking technologies, the BOSS OC-5 sets a new standard in octave pedal performance. Vintage mode provides a spot-on recreation of the legendary mono OC-2 from 1982, while Poly mode offers numerous enhancements for extended-range playing. And with the addition of an octave-up feature, a span of three octaves is now available for creative exploration. From fat, low mono sounds to octave-shifted chords and more, the OC-5 delivers the widest range, finest sound quality, and best playability in any octave stomp to date.
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
OC-5 Octave Sound Tryout
Get interactive with our custom TonePedia player and explore hundreds of sound variations. Select your instrument, tweak and choose pedal settings.
*Use headphones and Google Chrome web browser for optimal experience.
High-Octane Octave Performance
Powered by the latest real-time processing technologies from BOSS, the OC-5 provides exceptional sound and playability for the most expressive octave experience ever. A key feature is the newly developed tracking engine, which delivers clean, accurate performance with no latency. The OC-5 also offers wider range and greater polyphonic capabilities than previous OC models, covering all your octave needs in one high-performance pedal.
Extended Range with Octave Up
Another cool OC-5 enhancement is the new octave-up effect, which is available in both Vintage and Poly modes. Simply twist the dedicated +1 OCT knob to bring in the desired effect level. Use the octave-up effect on its own for faux 12-string sounds and unique solo tones, or blend it with the octave-down effects for extended chord voicings and super-fat leads.
Guitar/Bass Switch and Direct Out
The OC-5 lets you instantly optimize the performance of its tracking engine for either guitar or bass via a dedicated switch on the body of the pedal. And with the Direct Out jack, it’s easy to route dry and effect sounds to different destinations, such as two stage amps or discrete channels on a mixer or audio interface.