Neunaber Seraphim Shimmer V2 Guitar Effects Pedal
The Easy Way to go from Lush Reverb to a Majestic Choir of Angels
Imagine being able to add a little atmospheric sparkle or a full synth-pad effect. Now, imagine switching on-the-fly between this and the Wet Reverb for which Neunaber is famous.
But you also want to keep it simple — less time fiddling with knobs and more time playing. And you want something that doesn’t take up a lot of space on your pedalboard or require a lot of power from your supply.
Introducing the Seraphim Shimmer v2 — everything you loved about the original, plus more.
- Simple 3-knob layout makes it easy to quickly dial in your perfect reverb sound. You’ll spend less time twiddling knobs and more time actually playing.
- Add or remove the shimmer layer from the reverb. A long press of the footswitch seamlessly transitions between shimmer and reverb only.
- Two reverbs and two shimmers in 1 pedal. Choose the original shimmer algorithm or the new, magical shimmer based on the W3T reverb from the Immerse Mk II. No more worrying if you picked the right pedal, because you’ll have the best of both!
Full Mix knob adjustment from 0% to 100% wet. Create everything from subtle pitch-shifted layers to synthetic, droning pads.
- Analog dry signal for low noise and zero latency. Maintain the integrity of your source tone.
- Small footprint with top jacks, the Seraphim Shimmer is pedalboard-friendly. You can easily fit the Seraphim in any setup, no matter how tight.
- Selectable trails allows you to choose whether the effect naturally trails or cuts off abruptly after the effect is bypassed.
- Mono input & output makes setup quick and simple. Easy access to inputs and outputs makes this pedal perfect for on-the-go use.
- Powered from a standard 9V pedal power supply (not included), the Seraphim Shimmer draws less than 100 mA and can be powered by your existing pedalboard’s power supply. No need to run a separate power adapter or free up a power port for a hungry, high-current device.
- Manufactured locally in Orange County, California. Family owned and operated, Neunaber Audio is dedicated to bringing you the highest quality audio effects on the market.
We recommend that this pedal be placed at the end of your chain, before or after another reverb. Also, shimmer will have more sibilance if placed after a speaker simulator rather than before. If you are using the overdrive channel of your amplifier, this effect should be placed in the effects loop for best results.
The power jack accepts a standard (5.5 mm OD x 2.1 mm ID) center-negative pedal power adapter (not included). The power adapter must be between 9 V and 12 V and capable of supplying 100 mA or more.
The input jack (top right) accepts input directly from your instrument, amplifier effects loop output, or other effect pedals via a standard 1/4” (6.35 mm) phone connector.
The output jack (top left) supplies output to another effect pedal, an amplifier, or effects loop return via a standard 1/4” (6.35 mm) phone connector. The buffered output is capable of driving long cables. If plugging into the input of an amp, you should use the low impedance (Lo-Z) input if available.
The Engage switch selects between engaged and bypassed. The LED lights when the effect is active. Bypassing the effect does not lower power consumption, because it does not turn off power to the pedal.
Press and hold the footswitch for 1 second to switch between reverb only and reverb with Shimmer. Release when the LED illuminates red.
The Mix knob controls the mix between the dry signal and reverb:
- Full counter-clockwise is 100% dry
- Full clockwise is 100% reverb
- Approximately 3 o’clock is an even mix: half dry/half wet
The Depth knob controls the length of the reverb tail; or in other words, the size of the acoustic space.
The Shimmer knob controls the amount of shimmer in the effect. With this knob fully counter-clockwise, there is no shimmer: the effect is reverb only. The Shimmer knob is inactive in reverb-only mode.
These controls are accessed by holding down the Engage footswitch while turning the knob.
The effect control switches between the popular original shimmer algorithm and the new W3T shimmer algorithm (which is the same as the algorithm on the Immerse Mk II).
Reverb-Only LED color
Shimmer LED color
New, with W3T
The bypassed signal may be selected to have trails or not. When Trails is on, the effect signal trails off naturally after the pedal is bypassed. When off, the effect cuts off immediately when the pedal is bypassed.
The LED will momentarily change color to indicate which bypass mode is selected.
|Bypass mode||LED color||Knob direction|
|Nominal input level||-10dBV, instrument level|
|Maximum input level||8 dBV|
|Input impedance||1 MΩ|
|Output impedance||1 kΩ|
|Level, enabled vs. bypass||0 dB|
|Frequency response, dry / bypassed||20 Hz - 30 kHz, +/-1 dB|
|Total harmonic distortion, dry / bypassed||0.01%|
|Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted
|Input||9 - 12 V DC, 100 mA|
|Connector||center-negative, 5.5 mm OD x 2.1 mm ID|
|Dimensions||115 mm L, 64 mm W, 46 mm H / 4.6" L, 2.6" W, 1.9" H|
|Weight||190 g / 6.7 oz|